Saturday, February 27, 2010

I have varnished natural doors and want to paint them now?

I have put a stain and satin varnish on my doors and skirtings in my house and i would now like to gloss them Do i have to sand the varnish off or is there another method or substitute i can use?I have varnished natural doors and want to paint them now?
just give it an undercoat,or matt paint,then glossI have varnished natural doors and want to paint them now?
A light sand, then brush a coat of pva glue thinned with water.


allow to dry, then paint. works every time.
You need to sand them well though not necessarily back to bare wood and then treat with a good quality undercoat and gloss. They should cover ok.
We sanded ours thoroughly, then primed them before glossing.
hi you will have to heavy sand then under coat and gloss and this should be just fine hope this helps
Yoda would say: sand them you must.
  • hair growth
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment