Saturday, February 27, 2010

Some one put varnish on my oil painting?

A man at the art shop has put varnish on my painting when i wasn't paying attention.My first varnished painting. It looked nice at first. but then it looked shiney. is it supposed to be shiney. I keep thinking of it and i feel that he ruind it :(Some one put varnish on my oil painting?
Varnish comes in gloss (shiny) and matte (not shiny). Ask the man at the art shop to put a thin coat of matte varnish on your paintings, over the glossy. The colors will still ';pop,'; but the paintings will not shine.Some one put varnish on my oil painting?
is there a question in my future here???
varnish is supposed to make things look shiny :)
Varnish is usually shiny, and it helps preserve the painting. I think there's matte varnish out there, maybe ask them at the art shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment