Friday, February 26, 2010

Do you apply varnish to wood before or after painting?

I'm doing a project for school and it is important for me to do good because i wont graduate if i dont pass this course.





im building a bin but its going to be outside and where i live it rains and snows and its cold in the winter. im going to be painting drawings onto the bin and i was wondering if i should apply varnish after wards to protect the wood. if i put varnish on, do i put it on before or after painting my drawings?Do you apply varnish to wood before or after painting?
After. And you might want to use marine varnish. It's made for boats so therefore impervious to water.Do you apply varnish to wood before or after painting?
Paint first, varnish after. I like marine varnish outdoors. I use the spray can kind with a matte finish on my porch rockers.

No comments:

Post a Comment