Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How do I remove dried emulsion paint from varnished floorboards?

Hi


I have just painted a room that has varnished floorboards. I tried to cover the floorboards with dust sheets but some paint has found its way through.


Does anyone have any tips to clean the floorboards without damaging the finish?How do I remove dried emulsion paint from varnished floorboards?
Warm soapy water and a scotch-bright pad that has been well used and of course plenty elbow grease


ps nice nameHow do I remove dried emulsion paint from varnished floorboards?
hot soapy water should be all you need to get emulsion off, works for me every time though I've never tried to clean floorboards I don't see how it won't work. But use a cloth not a brush because a rough brush could damage the varnish if you scrub too hard.





if the varnish is old then the rough side of a dish sponge could take some varnish off, but the soft side should work fine and just take the emulsion off. I 've used the rough side to try and get marks off a door painted with gloss and it did start to remove the paint!
warm water and one of those sponges you use for doing the dishes, you know the ones that are rough on one side?


This wont damage the varnish one bit.


Emulsion is water based so it'll come off easy.
A steam cleaner is best if you have one, just use the warm moist setting it will not damage the varnish





If you have any doubts test the steam cleaner on some other varnished surface, it will not damage it at all

No comments:

Post a Comment