Saturday, February 27, 2010

Varnish for Acrylic painting?

Recently started painting in acrylic on canvas. I'm new to painting being primarily an ink/paper or computer based illustrator.





Is it necessary to varnish one's acrylic painting when done with it?





What are some good brands of varnish?Varnish for Acrylic painting?
I put varnish over mine only when I want it to have a gloss finish.


acrylic paints dry very matte.





I don't think it's necessary.


In my opinion it does looks really nice though.





I just use some stuff I found at walmart.


it's called Delta Ceramcoat.


and it says ';gloss decoupage medium'; on the label.


it seems to work very nice. haha.Varnish for Acrylic painting?
You don't need to varnish it as the acrylic paint is basically plastic and therefore, self-sealed. There are many brands of varnish but in my opinion Golden are the highest quality and come in both spray and brush-on styles.
its not neccesary, but it still can add a nice gloss finish or matte finish





liqutix is the best brand for any acrylic medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment