Saturday, February 27, 2010

I varnished an acrylic painting a few months back and now it is starting to yellow.?

Should I stop varnishing my paintings? I'm looking at the long term future. I want my paintings to last for many years. Is it best to leave the canvas just acrylic paints and no varnish? Please, I would love for some advice.I varnished an acrylic painting a few months back and now it is starting to yellow.?
That's past times and not futureI varnished an acrylic painting a few months back and now it is starting to yellow.?
Well, I don't know much about paintings, but I do know that varnish does yellow over time. when applied to wood this is good. One coating that might work for you is Minwax polycrylic. it is crystal clear and as far a my experience goes, it stays that way. I'm not sure how it would inter-react with your paintings but why not try it on an oops canvas first.

No comments:

Post a Comment