Friday, February 26, 2010

What final ';varnish'; can I safely use to protect my egg tempera painting?

I want this protective coating to be a barrier for any other marking or staining or semitransperrant cover painting that I wish to use.. Ijust love to experiment a lot. (OK? or, shoot the artist?) Also, What about the white of the egg? That stuff makes great glue...will it work as a cover?What final ';varnish'; can I safely use to protect my egg tempera painting?
Egg tempera traditionally is not varnished. It becomes a very tough film once it has cured for six months to a year. You can polish the surface with a cloth for a nice sheen.





That is, if you used the YOLK of the egg with the pigments, not the white...





Look, before you ruin a nice piece with too much ';experimention';, maybe you should go to this nice egg tempera forum and ask your question there:





http://www.eggtempera.com/forumnew/archi鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment