Saturday, February 27, 2010

With other things to add .what type of gesso/primer,paints, varnish/finisher/top coat should I use?

So I am working on a rather small space to do a painting.. It is outside on concrete, in front of a operating work office space, it will get walked on, and need to last for at least 5 years or more.





I am having a hard time figuring out what type of gesso/primer, paint, and varnish/finishing/top coat I should use for this type of project.. Please help me as soon as possible. Thank-you in advance! With other things to add .what type of gesso/primer,paints, varnish/finisher/top coat should I use?
I'm not sure if this will help, but I don't think gesso would hold up against being walked on for 5 years





but I have noticed that spray paint primer holds up well outdoors, I accidently got some on my sidewalk and its still there





if this doesn't help ask like someone at an art supply storeWith other things to add .what type of gesso/primer,paints, varnish/finisher/top coat should I use?
There is a category of industrial grade paints called epoxy. They have rich colors and are exceedingly durable. They will bond well with the concrete. Preparing the surface with a power washer will be sufficient--no need to prime.





The paint is not inexpensive, but if you can get by with 2 or 3 colors, it may be workable.





Check the Internet or your Yellow Pages under Paint Suppliers, and be prepared to ask a lot more questions

No comments:

Post a Comment