Friday, February 26, 2010

How do I paint over a fairly new varnished/stained dresser?

We want to put in the children's bedroom but I want it to have a more childlike appearance. Right now it is a dark-stained varnish (I forgot the name), maybe mahogony? not sure. But what is involved in the process for painting such piece of furniture? I would really appreciate detailed advice as the only clue I have as of now is to sand. Then from there, I'm lost. Thank you very much!!!!How do I paint over a fairly new varnished/stained dresser?
sand, wash with tsp and water, prime, paintHow do I paint over a fairly new varnished/stained dresser?
If it was my dresser I would paint the frame white but all draws and door fronts in different bold colours...ie Bright red blue green and yellow. Just sand to give a smooth surface and a key for the paint.....you dont have to remove all varnish or you may have to prime the unit first.....longer job. Give the kids their own colour draws for their stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment