Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Can I use varnish to use painted cardboard as a carpet substitute?

I have a home with half of the carpet missing, the other half dirty. I'd like to replace it with something that won't meet the same fate. I think it would be more satisfying than cleaning what's left of the carpet. Is there a cheap way to do this?Can I use varnish to use painted cardboard as a carpet substitute?
What? Cardboard for carpet? Man, if you want it fixed as cheap as possible, go to Home Depot. Pick out that cheap carpet that looks like burlap and is 45 cents a yard. Ask them to install it. They'll come out to measure and come back again to lay it. That is about your best option here.


Card board will smash down if you walk in it. Varnish is hard. Walking or putting furniture on it will make it crack.


Just how did you plan on seaming it and holding it to the floor?Can I use varnish to use painted cardboard as a carpet substitute?
Take up the carpet and paint the floor with a floor enamel.
rip up the remaining carpet and replace with linoleum or hardwood and it will be easier upkeep

No comments:

Post a Comment