Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How to properly varnish an acrylic painting?

I just finished painting an acrylic painting on a cotton canvas. It's going to be hung without a frame so I'm going to be varnishing it. I've boughten some Krylon spray varnish and I'm wondering how many coats should I apply? Is 1 fine or will I need to apply more? ThanksHow to properly varnish an acrylic painting?
Spray the Krylon fairly close to the painting. Spray it outside (not only because of the fumes, but also so you can tilt the painting and see by the shinyness how well the painting is coated) As soon as the painting has an even coat of shinyness, stop and let it dry. After it dries, look it over in the light and see if there is any dry spots left, then spray a little more on the dry spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment