Thursday, February 11, 2010

How should I apply a varnish onto an acrylic paint canvas?

I've been told to use a medium to coat the painting before I varnish it. Is that necessary? I have crackling medium but I'm not sure if it will turn out the way I'd like.How should I apply a varnish onto an acrylic paint canvas?
You don't need to use a medium to coat the acrylic painting before varnishing it. Just make sure that the paint is completely dry, and they lay your painting flat. Prepare the varnish as instructed on the bottle, then use a wide brush with soft bristles to apply the varnish in an even layer. Allow at least 3-4 hours for the varnish to dry, so make sure that you varnish the painting in a place where it can remain undisturbed for at least that length of time. Then once it's dry, you can go over it with another coat of varnish, if you like.





Here's a really informative page that explains in detail how to varnish an acrylic painting: http://www.art-is-fun.com/how-to-varnish鈥?/a>How should I apply a varnish onto an acrylic paint canvas?
You can paint the varnish directly onto the paint as long as it is an acrylic varnish.





Golden Paints is one of the best manufacturers of acrylic products:


http://www.goldenpaints.com/products/var鈥?/a>
I don`t know what medium this could be. I`ve always just gone ahead and varnished mine. No probs.

No comments:

Post a Comment