Sunday, February 21, 2010

Painting kitchen with latex semi gloss white paint. Should I cover paint with Varnish or shellac ?

Thanks scottPainting kitchen with latex semi gloss white paint. Should I cover paint with Varnish or shellac ?
NO! NO! NO! The latex is just fine!!!! I do all my own painting, and children's murals, and never ';cover'; anything - it is not necessary, unless you plan on walking on your walls.





Your work is done, relax, sit back, and enjoy your newly painted walls!!!!!!Painting kitchen with latex semi gloss white paint. Should I cover paint with Varnish or shellac ?
I see absolutely no reason to do that. Today's paints are so much more cleanable and durable than paints even 5-7 years ago. Plus, you don't want to seal the paint with something that can't be painted over.
Heavens, why would you want to do that? I do all my own painting and find Semi gloss is excellent for kitchens, because it's easily cleaned and takes lots of abuse. Home Depot makes a good one. I'd stay stick with the paint and forget about varnish or shellac...
No, semi-gloss is pretty durable. It would be a pain to repaint it if you did that.

No comments:

Post a Comment