Thursday, February 11, 2010

Can danish oil wood varnish be used over paint?

I have painted some words on a piece of wood, and i need to put it outside. Can i paint danish oil over it to keep it weather proof or will this ruin the paint?Can danish oil wood varnish be used over paint?
Danish oil will just roll off of the paint. To protect it, use a water based polyurethane. It will go on clear, won't yellow over time, and you can use it over paint. Give the board a light scuff with steel wool to help the poly grip. Hope this helps.Can danish oil wood varnish be used over paint?
I don't know the answer to your question but I thought I'll help anyway :)





I'm pretty new to working with wood and found this website that has free information and plenty of free woodworking projects.





http://www.free-woodworking-projects.com





If you are interested :)

No comments:

Post a Comment