Sunday, February 21, 2010

I used a temporary varnish for protection or reworking and it's still tacky. Can I paint over it?

You did not let the painting dry before you put the varnish on , so that is why it is still tacky. It depends how valuable is the painting. But I would put a light coat of liquin over it mixed with turps and that should bond it. Liquin is a drier so it should speed up the drying time and maybe remove some of that varnish.I used a temporary varnish for protection or reworking and it's still tacky. Can I paint over it?
retouch varnish, I think micador makes it, but there are other brands.I used a temporary varnish for protection or reworking and it's still tacky. Can I paint over it?
I certainly wouldn't. If it's not dry, the paint won't dry properly.
What is a temporary varnish and why would you want a temporary varnish? No, I would not paint over anything that is still wet....you might try a hair dryer to see if you can force dry it however.....!
  • how to cut hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment