Thursday, February 11, 2010

How do you get the paint and varnish smell to go away?

We painted our soon to be born baby's room and varnished the hardwood floors almost 2 months ago and it still smells.





I always leave the window open and I've tried washing the floors, which helped temporarily. How can I get the smell out for good? Baby is on his way soon!How do you get the paint and varnish smell to go away?
That's odd that you still have a smell after two months. If there isn't a lot of ventilation the smells can last for a while. In time it will diminish completely. However, I've heard several ways to remove the smell of paint. One way is to use vanilla extract or peppermint oil in the room or any other stronger smell that would be pleasant. But these don't remove the odor, they only mask it (I know from personal experience.) Another method that will actually remove the smell is activated charcoal. It is a natural odor absorber. I've included a link that will explain it further. It wouldn't hurt to try both.How do you get the paint and varnish smell to go away?
Leave a bowl of white vinegar in the room. I read that this absorbs the odor.

No comments:

Post a Comment