Thursday, February 11, 2010

How to I ungel a can of Nitromors paint and varnish stripper?

I just opened a can of Nitromors paint and varnish stripper only to find that it's become a thick gel since I last used it! Any ideas how I can safely get it back to being a liquid?How to I ungel a can of Nitromors paint and varnish stripper?
You might try warming it (stand in a basin of hot water) - otherwise it has probably had it and you'll need to get some more.How to I ungel a can of Nitromors paint and varnish stripper?
The gelling is an obvious side effect of non use, and with all due respect, have you tried contacting the MFG?





Given that it's probably made with some similar ingredients to the thinner vehicles originally used, I suspect those have evaporated or reacted against each other. I think for the effort I'd probably bite the bullet and purchase new. Even if you can UN-Gel the product it may never recover its intended effectiveness.





Steven Wolf


Just my 2 ';sense';
Paint stripper contain a high amount of wax , that is why it looks like gel. The substance used to soften the varnish has evaporated leaving the wax, it will probably still work ,but will not be easy to apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment