Sunday, February 21, 2010

Can I varnish over painted furniture surface?

I have some lovely painted antique furniture and I just learned that they might contain lead paint. With a baby coming I want to apply varnish on top of the painted surface. Is it possible? any preparation needed? I can't sand it because it will cause lead dust. Any varnish product to recommend? What do u think about the Olympic varnish products? Thank you.Can I varnish over painted furniture surface?
Check with a paint co. isn't there some kind of test kit, to test for lead paint. Maybe if there is lead, you can put a sealer on it.Can I varnish over painted furniture surface?
I don't know how hard or dangerous it would be, but you would have to remove the paint with paint %26amp; varnish remover.......

No comments:

Post a Comment