Thursday, February 11, 2010

Can you use varnish on Acrylic paint so it will make it look bright ? Thanks?

Besides brushes for painting abstracts, what sought other equipment do you use. To give your painting a uniqness. Thank you for your timeCan you use varnish on Acrylic paint so it will make it look bright ? Thanks?
YES! Good story: I was doing an assignment for a class, and worked SO long on an acrylic painting of a character that I am creating. The same night for another class I have to do 8 small oil paintings, and I was so tired that I spilled oil medium on my painting of my character. I was afraid at first, because I thought the turpentine in the medium mix would damage my work, but instead it dried and it now has this high gloss that brings out the colors fabulously. It was a happy accident.Can you use varnish on Acrylic paint so it will make it look bright ? Thanks?
I have used stones feathers,sponges,scrapers,rags,tape,,fea鈥?shaped pieces of wood,just about anything and everything is usable,to give your works the uniqueness you're after.Experiment,it can be a riot!

No comments:

Post a Comment