Thursday, February 18, 2010

I've just got to thinking, is it safe to paint a dogs nails with nail varnish?

My wife paints our dogs nails, I know thats crazy and I tell her to stop it, but she says its harmless, and she sits with the dog til the nails dry and makes sure he (yes it's a male, even worse lol) doesn't lick the nail polish off. Are there any risks? Do other women beautify their dogs like this or is my wife just weird?I've just got to thinking, is it safe to paint a dogs nails with nail varnish?
my sister in law has a little Chihuahua and she paints her nails too. She owns a hair salon. I think it's a little over the top but it is cute and at least her dog is female LOLI've just got to thinking, is it safe to paint a dogs nails with nail varnish?
You people are all crazy, why would you paint a dogs nails. Think about them and not just you.

Report Abuse



It's not just weird, it's cruel. The dog could still chew the nail polish off and be ill. Dogs are not humans and shouldn't be treated as such. If I saw a dog with painted nails I would seriously question the responsibility of the owner.





Dogs that are treated like this are often substituted for humans so maybe she getting broody lol.
I watched some crazy reality tv programme once that was set in a dogs beauty parlour... they painted the dogs nails too... it was seen as a ';finishing touch'; after their baths, hair cuts and blow drys!


(and they had qualifications, certificates, etc, so surely it can't be too bad for the poor pooches or else the place would have been shut down!)





Personally, I've never painted my dogs nails... I doubt he'd sit still long enough to let me anyway, he's not keen on having his feet touched! he does however wear a bandana...





xx
It is not safe to paint the dog's nails with polish made for people.





There is hope though! They make nail polish for dogs. I've never used it, so I'm not sure where to find it.. but a quick google search and you should be able to find it.
i did dat to my dog i painted her nails red or sparkaly and i painted it blue with human nail thingy and she hated the smell and she ran away from it but i forced her lol cus i wanted her ot look pretty but i did this when i was like 6 or sumtin lol im 20 now!
I have a white boxer girl and I sometimes paint her nails. She looks cute and it does not harm her at all. Its just for fun, and it makes people laugh. but it does chip easily!!!!!
There is designer dogs nail varnish lol how cute?


here is a site I found with some info on it.





I do know that some polishs have some chemicals such as formaledehyde wish isnt safe for dogs.
Ooohh boy! Next comes the mascara and lipstick! Then the leather pants and frilly tops. Is there no end to our humanizing our animals??!!!
tell her to put the nail varnish on her own nails. she cant be with the dog all the time so he could chew it off. why on earth would anyone do this?
poor bugger, as he had his nads snipped too? where will it all end? cross dressing.. nip it in the bud





it's definitely sounds like a dogs life.
Um ok...


I wouldn't suggest this. The dog may chew off the nail polish and why in the world would you want to do that? :s
Its harmless, however ugly ahaha.
human nail polish is bad for them, but ive heard you can get dog nail polish
NO!!!!!
no other women do it. thers no harm in it but it is abit stupid lol

No comments:

Post a Comment