Sunday, February 21, 2010

My varnish yellows my white paint?

Hello - I paint with acrylic paint, and the different varnishes that I use (that said on the bottle were for acrylics) are turning some spots of my white paint yellow.





This is also happening to my girlfriend's paintings as well.





We use Folk Art Acrylic Paint, and J%26amp;W's Matte and Satin varnish, and a brush ONLY for varnishing.





What's the deal? Thanks!My varnish yellows my white paint?
Next time,


Try using Liquitex or Golden brand varnish instead. It will be found in the art supply section rather than the craft paint section. It is milky white when in the bottle and when you brush it on- but dries clear. Do not over brush. Follow directions. IT WILL NOT YELLOW OR MAKE YOUR WHITE YELLOW. I promise.





You might also like some of these two companies paints too!
  • how to cut hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment