Thursday, February 18, 2010

Air Dry Clay: After I make an object and paint it, what kind of varnish do I use to give it a shiny finish?

It would be great if you can tell me the kind of varnish in general as well as recommend a certain brand. Thanks a lot.Air Dry Clay: After I make an object and paint it, what kind of varnish do I use to give it a shiny finish?
You can use hairspray, but i would highly recommend Krylon Triple Thick Clear Glaze. I do a lot of airdry clay projects (flowers, pins, hangings, you name it!) and the Triple Thick Gloss protects it while giving it a nice glossy finish.





Another type you can use is:


Super Surface Sealer by Design Master (used for florals, this is also good for air dry clay and gives a satin finish)





Spray varnishes work best. Don't hold the can too close and if you are doing multiple coats, let dry between coats. Sometimes, people get impatient and they spray it on too soon, then stuff starts to run.





You can also use Matte Varnish. Again, I highly recommend Krylon brands... but any Matte Acrylic Varnish will do.





Hope this helps!Air Dry Clay: After I make an object and paint it, what kind of varnish do I use to give it a shiny finish?
Try HAir spray... worked good on mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment