Thursday, February 11, 2010

Varnish or paint in wooden cabinet?

I'm having my room repaired and also a wooden cabinet will be built on. I'm quite concerned about my cabinet. Should I have it varnished or painted? Will the odor of varnish or paint go away when it's dry? Some people say that I should let it air dry for a couple of days but i don't know if the smell will be really gone. I don't want to have my room or my clothes smell like it. I'd really appreciate any helpful response to this. Thanks in advance.Varnish or paint in wooden cabinet?
Paint or varnish is a personal choice. What about the rest of the trim in your place? Is it stained or painted? I would match what's there. As for the smell, it will dissipate. Water-based (latex) will clear faster than oil-based, but both eventually go away. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment